06 May 2013


Here's a look into what I purchased at the thrift store recently.

I've been spending most of my decorative energy on finishing my Vintage-Industrial guest room.  There's finally a light at the end of the tunnel, but today I focused on finding some more art and framing a print I already owned (pictured in the right column). 



I purchased this print from Nostalgia Fine Art when I visited Scott's Antique Market in Atlanta a few weeks back.





Frames are expensive, so I bought this frame (below) from a thrift store and painted it black.




Unfortunately, the sizing was a bit off.  Quick fix? Burlap!  I cut a piece using the cardboard backing as a template.




It doesn't matter is the burlap is perfect.  It's on the back so no one will ever notice. :)


And the finished result: 



Frame: $2 (It was $3.99, but it was 50% off day at the thrift store)
Burlap: Already owned (it's cheap and can be found at any craft store)
Paint: Already owned (runs around $1 at any craft store.  I used basic acrylic without a top coat)

Total: $2

No comments:

Post a Comment