27 May 2013

I absolutely love holiday and three day weekends.

A few weeks ago, I purchased a Groupon to pick strawberries.  I already knew that I wanted visit an orchard this spring and the Groupon just so happened to be for my favorite orchard in Blue Ridge, GA.  Mercier Orchards has a U-Pick program where you can pick strawberries, peaches, cherries, apples, and other fruit at various times during the year.


The Groupon could only be used on a Sunday and last weekend was a huge failure due to monsoon-esque weather all day Sunday; however, today was beautiful and I'm glad we made it out since strawberry season will be coming to an end soon.

 







The store at the orchard is overwhelming. Apple bread, cider, jams & jellies, apples, tomatoes, hard candies, and even strawberries for those who don't feel like venturing out into the orchards.  I personally don't see the fun in that, but to each their own. :)


There is also a small bakery.  We ended up getting blackberry, apple, peach, and lemon fritters. It was a perfect way to end the visit.  It might become a tradition since we ended our last visit (apple picking) with a few fritters.

No comments:

Post a Comment