27 June 2013

Ever since cutting out the foods I'm allergic to, I've realized that I eat a lot less junk this way.  No cookies.  No pizza.  No unhealthy granola bars.  No chips.

My snacks have consisted of the following:



I feel healthier and overall better after eating these snacks as opposed to a mini bag of chips or pack of cookies.  I think I just got stuck in a rut concerning junk food.  It's abundant on film sets.  Since I don't buy it for my home, it's easy to eat since "I only eat it here", but I'm also on set 12-14 hours a day. That's a problem!



My lunch consisted of mashed potatoes, cheese, fruit, grilled veggies, two hard boiled eggs, and a salad with chick peas, mushrooms, sunflower seats dried cranberries, banana peppers, with red wine vinaigrette dressing.  I used to eat ranch, but after some research I realized that ranch dressing contains wheat.

Towards the end of the day Crafty, or craft services brought out 3 huge platters of sushi... which I didn't partake in.  Honestly, it was really hard not to take a few pieces, but I'm allergic to rice so I passed.  Yesterday was especially hard since the only snacks I could eat were the apples and yogurt in the morning.  Hopefully today will have a better selection since one of the crew members made a request for veggie straws today. 

We have a later call time today, so I plan to walk around the outlet malls nearby and hit up some thrift stores. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment